Maker Pro
Maker Pro

FM receiver TDA7000 continuous scan

brickman7

Sep 29, 2013
New to electronics design, computer tech needs a schematic based on the simple TDA7000 ic to continuously scan through the frequencies! I have the TDA7000s, and YDA9088s but they are surface mounts. I can get most older ICs from a supplier in China so I'll take
suggestions. I just need it as simple as possible. I have TDA2822s for amps, but I can
get what is needed. I also have BB910s for the varactor diodes.

I just need an fm scanner to scan thru the frequencies and not lock on a station, without
having to be reset to continue scanning. And output thru an earphone and speaker. Also, I
do not want to mute the scanning process. What I want to hear is the white noise as it
scans.

Thanks!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi
welcome to the forums :)

I'm familiar with the TDA7000 chip, have used them as IF receivers for 10GHz FM operation. dunno what a YDA9088 is cant find any reference to it on google other than vehicle licence plates

OK firstly you need to define some requirements
1) how fast do you want it to scan ? --- no point it scanning quickly through a freq range if you cant determine what is being received
2) what freq range do you want it to cover? -- Be Realistic
3) Do you actually want it to stop on a busy freq --- even if for a few seconds before it auto resumes scanning? -- there's probably going to be some microprocessor control needed here
4) why do you want to hear the hiss ?

you had better tell us some more about what you are really trying to achieve :)

Dave

brickman7

Sep 29, 2013
1. Scan at 200ms
2. 88mHz - 108mHz
3. I just don't want it to lock on a station
4. Yes, I need to hear the hiss ( "white noise")

What I want to actually hear is the white noise between stations. I'm into paranormal research and the "white noise" between the frequencies actually can contain voices in an active environment. I use audio software to filter and edit my recordings. I have proof that this exists and would gladly blow your mind with it!!! I just need help with this project. It is very important and worth paying for! Your help would be very much appreciated!!

YDA9088 Link

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/161080/YOUDA/YD9088.html

Mason Burns

Last edited: