Connect with us

FM Radio receiver project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DGilbert, Jan 28, 2013.

1. DGilbert

DGilbert

Jan 28, 2013
    Hello All,

I've recently become interested in electronics and started reading some books on the subject last year. My first project was an astable multivibrator which I used to make flashing eyes for our Halloween pumpkin, much to my daughters' delight. Now I want to try something a little more adventurous in the form of an FM radio that the girls can use to listen to music (was thinking of a There are a wealth of diagrams out there but no real indication as to which is best or most appropriate. I have seen several built around an TDA7021T IC which purport to be simple enough.

I have a few of questions about this project that I would value some input on.

Firstly, is this too tricky considering it is only my second circuit?

Secondly, are there any suggestions for good circuits? I have seen this one:

http://www.circuitdiagram.org/fm-receiver-circuit.html

and this one:

http://www.circuitlab.org/2012/07/schematics-mini-fm-receiver-circuit.html?m=0

Lastly, are there any things I should be aware of before I start this off?

I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone is willing to give.

Thanks

David

2. oyvdahl

oyvdahl

Oct 11, 2012
    I have not used the chip, but looking at the two schematics I would go for the first one because it also has a built-in amplifier.

I have only built one fm receiver earlier. I remember having some trouble with tuning. But I guess the TDA7021T will help you make that easier.

I think you should go for it!
    If you have problems along the way, come back here and ask for help.

3. DGilbert

DGilbert

Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks oyvdahl. I've ordered the parts so hopefully in the next week or so I should be able to start assembling and see how it goes.

Ask a Question