Connect with us

FM headphones

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Karlosantana, Nov 3, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Karlosantana

Karlosantana

Nov 3, 2015
    Hi guys. First off thankyou for having me on the forums. I've done loads of googling, but nothing makes sense.
    I'm a hobby DJ I only do parties for friends and family. But a friend of mine has asked about a silent disco. On talking to various companies its a simple principle:

From the dj there's a transmitted FM frequency, there's something I can buy from China to do that. But it's the receiver I'm worried about, where can I research a diagram or has someone got a diagram that can be set at one receiving frequency, into a pair of headphones with a volume control.

For power I was thinking a li-po 3v battery.

If this doesn't make sense I'm sorry!
    Regards
    Kyle

2. Karlosantana

Karlosantana

Nov 3, 2015
    Emphasis on quality of sound and cost, mainly cost. I'm skint!

3. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi Karlos,
    Yes, it can be done.
    However, UK laws on transmitting might be a problem!.
    Google fm transmitter and fm receiver. Ebay has them both.
    But every person at the non existent disco will need headphones and a battery pack!!
    Also, how will the lighting work?
    Just tune all receivers to same frequency. But distance might be another factor too.
    Each time a person leaves for the loo, the headphones will have lots of hissing!!.
    Not practical unless in a small room with no interference.

Martin

4. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    That's simple..
    Tell them all to bring fm headphones.

Martin

5. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Any small digitally tuned FM receiver and ear buds will do this. $3 from china on ebay.

ak

Ask a Question