Connect with us

Fly back converter

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Behzadd, Jul 5, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Behzadd


    Jul 5, 2020
    Im working on an brima 160 welding has a flyback converter for supplying 24 v and 12v for control and mosfet drive boards.
    What that i cant undrestand is the method of controlling the switch of this odd type of flyback control circuitary as shown bellow.
    Do this analog method has a name?
    Thank you for paying attention

    Attached Files:

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    This is a switch mode power supply. The mosfet turns on and off rapidly, controlled by the optocoupler and the transistor to maintain the output voltage (24V) between fairly tight limits.

    An additional three terminal regulator provides an auxillary 12V output that is probably only capable of fairly low current.
  3. Behzadd


    Jul 5, 2020
    Dear steve
    This is you kind
    But let me to ask some more questions:
    I know the other ones which work with an pwm controller ics.
    I hasent encountered before with this one using fully analog constituents for mosfet switching.
    Please tell me, if this kind of controlling circuitary of the power mosfet has defined topology name.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day