Connect with us

Fluke Multimeter's

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by James Hanpshire, Sep 11, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. James Hanpshire

James Hanpshire

Sep 11, 2015
    Hello all,

Firstly, this is my first post here on this forums. I am not the most experienced on forums such as this so I hope this post conforms off all the rules and regulations of the forums.

Back to the point, I have a Fluke 79III Multimeter at work and ip there's has been a Fluke 17B+ Multimeter orders and I am unsure whether to swap my meter for this meter, if anyone has any experience with both or wait her or each meter and let me know their reviews on whether I should change or keep the same then please let me know. I am an electronic engineer so which ever is better for my occupation I will use.

I have found that the buzzer on the both multimeters is quite quiet. Is there any way that I can replace the sounder with a louder sounder or make a small mod to the case to make the sounder more predominant.

I wish you all have a great weekend,

Kind regards
    James Hampshire

2. rickselectricalprojects

rickselectricalprojects

Feb 1, 2015
    your fluke 79III will be alot better then the fluke 17b. the cheap fluke meters you get on ebay (sub $200 AUD) are for the chinese market and are imported. a friends dad (i am 14) who is an electrician found a fluke 179 at a job and gave it to me (they job that he was working at were going to throw it out) and it is a really, really good meter. if your an electronics engineer and want a new meter get a fluke 87v: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/digital-multimeters/4802355/
    here is a review of the 87v (the video starts at about 8 minutes)

Ask a Question