Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fluke 6061A Error Code

Mik

Apr 26, 2012
I have a Fluke 6061A Signal generator that doesn't work. I want to use it for hobby. I do have the manual and I've been working on trying to understand the troubleshooting section.

What I've learned so far is that there is a "Status 02" test that shows an Error Code of"
Section: aaa bbb ccc
Code "060 322 001"

Trouble is that they are not very good at articulating what the codes mean.

Is there anyone that can help me to figure this thing out?

Thank,

Mik

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sorry, have a manual for a 6060B and a 6062A, you're going to need the manual for your instrument.
The 6062A Error Codes are 4 each, 3-character groups, indicating problems with one of the
following areas: AM & FM Tests, Synthesizer Tests, Digital Tests, or Filter Tests.
Problem may or may not be in one of those areas, you'll need the correct manual to
check. Hopefully somebody here has one.

Mik

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, have a manual for a 6060B and a 6062A, you're going to need the manual for your instrument.

No, I DO have the manual. I just can't figure out how to decode the error message number to some useful bit if information.

The self test output shows the code "060 322 001". The tests deal with locking and unlocking the frequencies in the different ranges. There is a problem with the AM & FM Tests (the "060") and the Synthesizer (the "322"). The manual talks about these, but it doesn't indicate how to use the little tidbits of information.

I've checked all the Power Supplies, they're all OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You already know what the problem is. The synthesizer test checks to see if you've got a normal operating freq and will freq lock, then the program inside sets a freq above and below your op freq to make sure the instrument unlocks.
Either your base freq needs adjustment, or the freq locking and unlocking freqs need
adjustment. You've got the manual and can probably figure-out which pots are involved. I work in a standards lab. I haven't ever tried to do this without using standards to make my measurements and adjustments. I've heard other people on this site eyeball trip-points using what they believe are accurate instruments, but I don't recommend it.
If you're going to do this, look for the frequency lock adjustments.
If you have access to somebody's standards, THAT'S what I recommend when you're
feeding in/out your signals.
Some colleges and trade schools have mini-standards labs, you could inquire about the
possiblility of using them, or hell, even letting a student use your instrument as a learning
experience for a calibration project for the class. You've got the manual, that and a good
standard is all you need.

Last edited:

Mik

Apr 26, 2012
Error Message

Thanks,

I'll try it. I thought that there was a signal missing that it wouldn't lock.

Mike

Mik

Apr 26, 2012
I do have a couple frequency counters that I can use to calibrate with.

Mik

Apr 26, 2012
Oh, I forgot to clarify, there is NO OUTPUT from the signal generator. If there was no lock, and the error codes, could it still be a calibration issue?

Mike

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
It IS a little difficult to to frequency lock on a frequency that isn't there.
You've got the manual, you need repair.
Start with your oscillator and work your way through the output amps.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You'll find it. If your oscillator is ok, just follow it's output until you lose it, that'll be
the problem.
Who knows, when you've got output, your error code may just go away.