Connect with us

Fixing Technics Speaker

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Bxnbo, Jan 21, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bxnbo

Bxnbo

Jan 21, 2018
    Have a really old speaker that is not used and tried to fix it to use the radio function. Bought some speaker wire and connected the correct terminals. There was ok sound and could hear the song from radio, 10 mins later all there was is static. I have tried wiring twice, didn't know if i was meant to split the twin speaker wire but did. (stripped to copper wiring and correctly wired). Now I don't know how to fix it. Wondered if it was just the radio or it was the wiring or speakers so would be happy for some advice!
    Thank you.

Have added some photos (not in order) but couldn't add video of static. IMG_1080.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4342.JPG IMG_5321.JPG IMG_5347.JPG IMG_8457.JPG IMG_8722.JPG IMG_1080.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4342.JPG IMG_5321.JPG IMG_5347.JPG IMG_8457.JPG IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4342.JPG IMG_5321.JPG

2. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Bi-amp setup. Looking at wires in pictures gives me a headache so just triple check that all wires go where they should.

Odds are the amp itself has failed. If you feel capable of safely troubleshooting a live AC powered amp, own tools like a multimeter and soldering iron, then it would be good to hunt down a schematic for it, or take it apart and post links to VERY good, high resolution pictures of the power supply and amp boards.

You might also leave it turned off to completely cool down and see if it starts to work again until it warms up.

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Try a different input to find out whether it is the tuner or the amp. If you are hearing static on the speakers, I would guess the tuner is the problem.

Bob

4. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    Isn't Technics a Panasonic international company? Then why don't they speeky zee Engrish and not say "high tone" and "low tone" for the tweeter and woofer?

I suspect that many customers connected the tweeter where the woofer should go and blow up the tweeter and/or amplifier.

5. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Yeah I had just assumed a different input was tried.

Ask a Question