Connect with us

Fixing a lamp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Strongbad42, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Strongbad42

Strongbad42

Jan 26, 2017
    I got this awesome stormtrooper lamp/clock/speaker at a garage sale for $1. Guy said it was broken and he didn't want to fix it.

I've replaced a few lamp sockets, but I haven't come across one like this. Any ideas where I can get a replacement?
    20170226_165736.jpg 20170226_165826.jpg

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    It was specially made for that item, you won't find an exact replacement (unless maybe the manufacturer would have
    one they'll sell you).
    I don't know your skill level (or exactly what that switching device is supposed to do, because it does have an
    on/off switch outside of it).
    I'd try to determine what the broken switching device is supposed to do, and see if you can come up with a way
    to duplicate its function.
    Is it the 'lamp socket' itself that we're looking at maybe?

3. Strongbad42

Strongbad42

Jan 26, 2017
    Yeah, I think this is the socket. It looks like it was really busted. I contacted the manufacturer and they don't make these kinds of lamps anymore.

I think the switch works fine (it turns the light on and off) I just need to replace the socket.

Ask a Question