Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fixed! PS3 disc

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I thought I would share this with everyone and possibly help you save some money on games. My son has a PS3 and one of his games became scratched pretty bad on the label side. The game was unusable. I figured if it was trashed it would not hurt for me to try something. I took some Testors 1146 Silver gloss enamel and painted a thin coat on the areas where scratches were. Let it dry and game saved.

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
If the scratches are deep but on the other side, I find a good long hard rub with metal polish, finished off with a really good wash in hot soapy water, thorough drying & finally a polish with a silicone furniture polish works well. Try and keep the polish and soap away from the hole in the middle, because if it gets in there, it gets stuck between the laminations and gradually eats away at things.

It does make the entire surface a little duller at the same time as disappearing the deep scratch, but this is partially rectified by the silicone polish & usually doesn't stop the disc playing in a half decent player.

I find those 'CD cleaning kits' you can get in bargain stores etc, the ones that contain a tiny bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a spinning jenny, are utterly useless unless the damage & dirt is so minor as to not affect playback anyway.

Next time my 4 year old destroys a postman pat CD I'll give the silver paint trick a try as well, thanks! I've binned my fair share of what I thought were completely unrecoverable disks because of label side scratches.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
The game he was trying to play would load to the menu and when he selected the play or start...whatever it said...the screen would go black and go back to the menu and be frozen there until ejected.