Connect with us

Finding resistor value/winding resistance

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by Jayarbee, Jun 4, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jayarbee

Jayarbee

Jun 4, 2018
    Hi, anyone know how to find the resistor value and the winding resistance from the attached image? I'm not sure on how to find this out.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    No, because the answer to this question also depends on information given (or perhaps the correct answers for) previous questions.

3. Jayarbee

Jayarbee

Jun 4, 2018
    Hi,
    This is step 1 and the question simply reads find the resistor value and winding resistance. I'll point out it is also a RL circuit but unsure if it's LAG or LEAD

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Well, something has to tell you how the R and the L are connected.

5. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    You need to check the 1 to 3 also.
    With your supplied readings, I see nothing suggesting of an " L" even being in circuit.

6. elebish

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
    Does "winding" resistance refer to impedance as a result of an ac component being applied to this RL circuit? When the circuit is purely "resistive", there will be no lead or lag. The "L" in RL could mean inductive reactance which is expressed in ohms and is determined by the frequency of the ac component passing through an inductor. All inductors also have a pure resistance value besides the impedance value, determined by type of wire material, cross section area and length. Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
Ask a Question