Connect with us

FFC Cable & EMI tape?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jabz, Jul 11, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jabz


    Jul 11, 2011
    I am repairing a car stereo with LCD screen, the screen is has turned green and the culprit appears to be a flex ribbon cable.

    I am trying to order through Digikey but they don't have the length needed.
    Anyone know another source for these types of Flex ribbon cables? 2 lengths I am after are

    50 conductor, 0.50mm pitch, 225mm length
    20 conductor, 0.50mm pitch, 125mm length

    Also tape on it, I am assuming is EMI shielding tape? It feels like a fabric tape rather than foil. Anyone know exactly the type this is, and where to get it. Pic below

  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    welcome to the forums

    that will be made specifically for that stereo unit for its length etc
    if you want the correct one you wont have much choice but to go to the manufacturer

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day