Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fender Strat wiring question

Chris Riddell

Feb 12, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am making a nice little guitar project at home and I want to make the electronics neater and nicer to suit my clean build guitar.

Here is an image (strat_wire.jpg) of how the current wiring is done at the moment

You see the soldering done on the Pots from the Cap and the pickup ground cables I find this rather ugly and the solder always detaches after a while, can any of you think of a better way around this?

I'm thinking of making a mounting board for the pots and switch with a solderless jack system for the pickups, Would I simply need to put a hole somewhere on that board with some solder in it with the ground cables going to there? I want to create something like (OBS.jpg), these are nearly £100 which is super expensive in my eyes and can probably easily be made at home...

Cheers

Attachments

• strat_wire.jpg
    strat_wire.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 102
  • OBS.jpg
    OBS.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Chris your pictures have not come through only the Strat wire and OBS. Can you reload them?
Thanks
Adam

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Ok so you want a PCB like the OBS? I could design you something if you could get some dimensions. Cost you about 5 quid if that. You would have to order the PCBs though. I assume this all mounts to the pick guard and you then wire the pickups and output jack into the connector?
Adam

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
As long as there is no strain on the wires, I don't see why a soldered connection should not work and last basically forever. Can you show us a picture of your soldering?

Bob