Connect with us

Female Header

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vick5821, Feb 17, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vick5821

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
    Hi,

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/115
    I just want to know, for this type of header, is it like the hole in breadboard?
    When I plug in jumper wire, the connection will be tight or loose ? Need to confirm it..Cause what I get is not like in those breadboard one :(

Thank you

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't have the sparkfun type here, but a few others. These do accept component leads well. For thin leads/wires you may need to first solder a piece of thicker wire to the lead so the wire will have good contact in the female header.

Harald

3. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Yes they are like the ones in a breadboard with .1 pitch spacing. These are the same ones you will find on an arduino. If you want it to be a tight fit you should buy the male header pins that are the matching set to the female headers. Otherwise use a larger diameter wire till it is tight.

4. vick5821

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
    It doesnt have the klip like in breadbaord ?

5. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    No, they require a minimum size pin to make good contact. There is a gap in the internal female contact, unlike the white breadboards.

Ken

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You can (very cheaply) get a stack of jumper wires with appropriate pins on each end.

For an example, look here. (That's just a random example, they are available from many places)

7. vick5821

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
    Yes, I used a jumper wire :)

Ask a Question