Connect with us

Faulty Receiver

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by echat, Sep 25, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. echat

echat

Sep 25, 2017
    Hi Guys

I have a faulty receiver (100% not the TV). There are random flashes that appear on the screen, not just in one place. They are multi-coloured. The attachment shows one of the random flashes. Many Thanks for your help.
    fault.jpg

2. bushtech

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
    Subliminal advertising on a go slow strike so that they become visible?:)

But seriously, my crystal ball in for repair. Please give some more information, what kind of receiver you using, how are you receiving signal, cable? Does it happen on all channels?

echat and davenn like this.
  3. echat

echat

Sep 25, 2017
    Hi Bushtec

Sorry, yes lacking in information. It's a satellite receiver, a Spiderbox, similar to freeview, so can recieve free channels. It uses a satellite dish. It happens on all the channels.

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Is it captioning 'bleeding through'?

You'd need a full schematic of the set to determine where to localise/isolate the actual fault to.

5. echat

echat

Sep 25, 2017
    If your talking about on screen graphics no. You get the random flash same as in the pic all over the screen randomly. Fortunely I've got 3 boards, so parts are there to be exchanged. Just need to know what could be causing it. Might see if I can video that better explains what's going on.

6. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Perhaps its related to the circuitry that displays the on screen menus?
    Maybe you can fiddle with the font color and see if it changes on the screen. Try selecting opaque to see if it disappears.

Btw; I love it when Judge Judy says:
    "Does it say stupid across my forehead?"

Ask a Question