Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Extend frequency response with dynamic compensator

pdunc

Dec 16, 2009
Hi guys,

First post so be nice :) Not sure if this is the correct section to post in? Seemed the most relevant.

I'm in the process of designing a dynamic compensator (inverse filter) which will be used to improve the response time of a temperature measurement system. This will work by extending the frequency of the response of the system.

I'm stuck during simulation, pretty close I think!

I will put the bode in a reply to this as I need 1 post for an image!

I have two issues at the moment; the traces do not exactly match so my transfer functions must be slightly off, also recieving an error when I attempt to convolve the two transfer functions

"c = conv2(a:)),b:)),shape);"

Transfer Functions:
system = 2/(0.5*s+1); comp = (-s-1)/(0.5 s + 1)

I realise this post is a bit vague, if you would like anymore information please ask.

Cheers,

Peter

pdunc

Dec 16, 2009
Here is the bode plot;

syscomp.jpg

The green is the first-order system to be compensated, blue is the compensator. You can see then frequency components are summed (through convolution?) the overall response should be extended.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Growl! Arf! ;)
J/k, welcome to the forum, and the subject is ok here.
Btw., don't you think your old math teacher would cringe if he saw what modern computer systems does to a formula.. :)
I must admit that your problem is a bit over my head, I'm not that good at math & formulas & theory.
However, my initial question is; shouldn't you have only one node in the compensator, just like the system has?
What would something like this look like; comp= (0.5*s+1)/2. (I actually have no idea..)