Connect with us

Explanation needed please

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by kwick, Feb 17, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kwick

kwick

Feb 17, 2011
    Can someone please explain these circuit operations to me thoroughly, and provide a block diagram of the operations? Its a RF circuit kit from Velleman (MK 179), and they don't offer any explanation regarding this kit.

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  3. kwick

kwick

Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I've already read both of these sites and neither of them explain circuit operation or current flow. The schematic I posted was emailed to me from Velleman themselves because I couldn't find it on the internet anywhere. They claim they don't explain circuit operation or current flow which is why I thought to seek help from knowledgable people on these electronic sites. So if you are capable of breaking this circuit down to me from reading the schematic or otherwise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  4. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    At SK1 in the upper-left corner there is a signal output terminal and a high impedance voltage sensing input which is AC coupled to a low pass filter, then to a non-linear amplifier with voltage-limiting and then to a comparator whose output is fed back to the PIC. So what is supposed to connect to the terminals at SK1? One of the Velleman pictures shows a large wire coil. If that PIC device is a microcontroller, then the programmed software is a part of the circuit. I doubt you can know what the circuit does unless you know what the software does. And you would also need to know how their RFID cards are supposed to work since this appears to be a circuit for driving the coil and reading the signal picked up by that coil from the RFID card.

RFID overview:
    http://www.priority1design.com.au/rfid_design.html
    http://www.priority1design.com.au/em4100_protocol.html

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
Ask a Question