Connect with us

Ethernet to fiber optic converter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by PRIYADHARSHINI, Aug 25, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. PRIYADHARSHINI

PRIYADHARSHINI

Feb 6, 2014
    Hi

Can any one tell me the low cost IC to convert the Ethernet to fiber optics(TX,RX) ????

Thanks in Advance

2. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    AFAIK, there is no "Single" IC for this conversion. You can get Modules for this.

Google for "ethernet to fiber media converter"

3. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    There are many different Ethernet copper and fiber protocols and speeds. Which ones do you want to use?

ak

4. PRIYADHARSHINI

PRIYADHARSHINI

Feb 6, 2014
    Hi all
    I have chosen the AL210 for this conversion.I have doubts and I have posted my schematic and its datasheet.Can you tell me what things i have done wrong in the schematic.

1.Pin num 20 & 27..I don t know how to give connections.and i don t know what is the meaning of Reduntant Link?
    2.In data sheet They have splitted Power supply as +V and 5v...Is for split the analogue and digital supply
    or to split the supply for fiber?
    3.SD (In datasheet It stated that the SD pin signal detect pin is inbuilt in the IC)
    But I m using AFBR-5803ATZ ST fiber optic connector..But it has SD pin.where I have to give the SD signal in AL210 IC????
    4.What is meant by Volage mode fiber optic and current mode fiber optic ???

Its quit confusing for me...Please Help me.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Ask a Question