Connect with us

Etching your own flex connector? Source of flex "PC board"?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Bruce Freeman, Jun 29, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I see a lot of good references here for etching PC boards. I have a
    related problem.

    I need to make a replacement part for an obsolete printer. Namely, a
    flex cable to the print head. I don't know the proper name for the
    material this is made from. It's like PC board, but thin and
    flexible. The flex cable appears to have been made like a PC board -
    by etching. (Copper is all on one side.)

    I could make a replacement by some other means, but the terminals
    would be difficult to reproduce by any other means, especially because
    the thickness matters.

    Does anyone know a source of fully-copper-clad flexible material that
    could be etched to make a cable like this?


    Bruce Freeman
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day