Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ESR tester repair

vari21

Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone.
Sorry if im not posting my problem in the right place also about my poor english.
Im trying to repair an ESR tester based on atmega 328, i ve got it from ebay, it comes as a DIY kit. the device has worked succesfully after soldering all it components together.but after a stupid mistake from me (over voltage or backward power plug i dont remember) it stopped working now ,when i push the ON button it wont turn on, i can see the screen lighting up for a half second and after that it stops completely.
i suspected these components atmega328, HT 7550,TL431,and maybe also the s9012 and s9014 but im not electronician skilled i ve already checked all the connections of the board they are OK.
so i need a support from the masters here in order to help me repairing it.thanks in advance.

Attachments

• M328-LCD-12864-Transistor-Tester-DIY-Kits-Diode.jpg
    M328-LCD-12864-Transistor-Tester-DIY-Kits-Diode.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
  • TT-Clone-littlet-w-pic-des.pdf
    826.6 KB · Views: 5

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I wouldn't bother with it since a complete tester can be had, case and all for less than the price of the kit in some instances.

However, It's a fairly basic power supply and with a multimeter you should be able to do some initial voltage checks etc.
They are marked on the schematic and there is a good chance the transistors or the voltage regulator would have saved the microcontroller.
Do that and then get back here again with some detailed results.