Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ESP8266 AT Command

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
I am using ESP8266 over serial AT commands. I can connect to a WIFI access point with Authentication enabled (with passwords). I am not sure how to connect to a open network. Does anyone have any idea?

AT+CWJAP="ssid","password" //works with password but I am not succeeding to connect to a open network.

Amar

rory

Aug 23, 2016
Doesn't it work if you let the password field empty like AT+CWJAP = "ssid"," "? I've already seen some people do that like this. Not sure if any other configure is needed as I also only had experiences on connecting the ESP8266 with networks enabled by password but I have no knowledge of other AT Command for connection with wireless networks other than AT+CWJAP or specifically to open networks so I think it must be just some manipulation of the fields "ssid","pasword".

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
Rory,
It does not work with AT+CWJAP = "ssid"," ".. I think minimum requirement for password field is 8 char. I have no idea if this works for the open network. Anyways I will update the post if I find it. Thanks for the reply.

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
This is strange, i tried this today again, AT+CWJAP="network name","" and it worked.
I don't know why didn't it work last time.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The previous string had a space as the password. Maybe you left it in when you tried it last time?