Connect with us

ESP8266 AT Command

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Amar Dhore, Aug 19, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Amar Dhore

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
    I am using ESP8266 over serial AT commands. I can connect to a WIFI access point with Authentication enabled (with passwords). I am not sure how to connect to a open network. Does anyone have any idea?

AT+CWJAP="ssid","password" //works with password but I am not succeeding to connect to a open network.

Amar

2. rory

rory

Aug 23, 2016
    Doesn't it work if you let the password field empty like AT+CWJAP = "ssid"," "? I've already seen some people do that like this. Not sure if any other configure is needed as I also only had experiences on connecting the ESP8266 with networks enabled by password but I have no knowledge of other AT Command for connection with wireless networks other than AT+CWJAP or specifically to open networks so I think it must be just some manipulation of the fields "ssid","pasword".

Amar Dhore likes this.
  3. Amar Dhore

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
    Rory,
    It does not work with AT+CWJAP = "ssid"," ".. I think minimum requirement for password field is 8 char. I have no idea if this works for the open network. Anyways I will update the post if I find it. Thanks for the reply.

4. Amar Dhore

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
    This is strange, i tried this today again, AT+CWJAP="network name","" and it worked.
    I don't know why didn't it work last time.

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The previous string had a space as the password. Maybe you left it in when you tried it last time?

6. Amar Dhore

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
    @Steve, good catch, I did not see that. it could be the reason.

Ask a Question