Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Epson printer error

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Hi.
I have an Epson printer TM-T88IV (model M129H) that give an error code when I start the printer. The code is given by the error lamp. It blinks four time rapidly and one long time.

Did someone's able to told me what is the significance of that code.

Thanks.

Canactech.

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
I think I might have found a pdf of your manual at:
http://www.dineamix.ca/pdf/TMT88IV_TRG.pdf

section 3.3.3.1 Error codes starts on page 3-8
On page 3-9 it shows some error codes that start with short blinks and end in a long blink.

They have a picture of the short and long blinks. Based on what you said, (3 short, 1 long) it looks like that would be "low voltage error," but you look and see for yourself.

If that is what it is, it probably means low voltage at the output of the internal power supply. However you might consider external stuff first.
- Plugged into a good outlet?
- Not using a long extention cord?
- Power cord is in good condition?
- No other devices in the building having any power supply problems?
(This one time I fixed something, by unplugging it for 10 minutes and plugging it back in.)

If the input power is good, then maybe the internal power supply is failing. Time to get it serviced.

If your servicing it yourself, that is out-of-my-scope, accept to say power supply seem to be failing more and more these days. Often it's the electrolytic caps.

Good luck to ya.
-Tim

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
Opps. Rereading, I see you said 4 short, 1 long.

That would be:"The CPU is executing an incorrect address." (Still double check me.)

And still... Time to get it serviced.
-tim

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Thank you for your help. The manual will be very usefull for this problem and for other occasions.