Connect with us

enquiry about ICs

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by naveen12, Sep 8, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. naveen12

naveen12

Sep 8, 2011
    hi everyone, i m in search of such type of ic which gives high voltage i.e. 5v when no voltage is supplied to it except vcc and gives 0 when high voltage(5v) is supplied to it. I have gone through several inverter ics but they fullfiled only one requirement i.e. those ics gives 0 in response to high voltage but they gives nothing when no voltage is supplied to them & i require high voltage in response to nil voltage. pls if anyone know abt such ic pls help me....

2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    What IC inverters have you been looking at? Ones with "open collector" or "open drain" outputs need a pull-up resistor between the output and Vcc to get a high output with a low input.

Ken

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The OP needs a pull down resistor so that with "no voltage" is applied, the input is pulled low.

After that, any non OC or OD output inverter will do the trick.

Ask a Question