Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Energy production

M.Sridhar

Sep 16, 2015
Hi friends!I don't know whether it is a good idea or not. But as far as I know energy can be converted from one form to another. So when sound is also a form of energy, why can't we convert them to electrical energy?

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
A dynamic microphone does this. It converts changes in air pressure (sound) to electric current without requiring any kind of external energy source to do it. Note that for normal speech a dynamic microphone produces approximately 5 mV across 600 ohms, or about 42 nanowatts. In round numbers, that is the kinetic energy in a falling grain of sand.

ak

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
i doubt you could get anything decent from this but still it is possible

M.Sridhar

Sep 16, 2015
Actually what I thought is from factories we get a lot of sound.So if we can convert that into electrical energy, it will be useful in 2ways.
We can reduce noise pollution as well as can use the power for running the machines

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
First, you cannot reduce noise pollution, unless you have a ghostbusters 'noise vacuum'.
Secondly, if you had the said 'noise vacuum', there would be no noise to use for electricty to run the machines.
Thirdly, the electricity produced by sound waves is so small it needs amplifying. That amplifier would need to be powered, so no more electricity left for the machines.
Kind of a double edged sword. Or a dog chasing it's tail.

Martin

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
My guess is that it would cost more to set up and maintain this system than you'd ever get out of it. In other words, it would have a negative ROI. The environmental impact my be negative as well, but that's much harder to try to estimate. You'd be better off just doing a bunch of sound proofing if you want to reduce noise pollution.