Connect with us

EMI Filter for washing machine

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Daniel Stern, Dec 29, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Daniel Stern

Daniel Stern

Dec 29, 2017
    Hello Everyone

I am looking to buy some EMI Filters for my washing machine but still confused that from where and which one will be fully suitable. If anyone can suggest me then it will be great.

Waiting for some useful replies..

Regards
    Daniel

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

tis hard to give informative replies when you don't give much info ... what sort of SMPS .... be specific :)

Dave

3. Daniel Stern

Daniel Stern

Dec 29, 2017
    Hey Dave, that was wrong question I made, I correct it and hopefully you will suggest me something great.

Thanku

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Why do you think your washing machine requires one?

Any machine that has an SMPS will have legally-required basic minimum EMI filtering fitted as standard.

Are you experiencing a fault (interference) that is happening despite the installed filters?

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    still missing info

what make and model ?
    how do you know it doesn't have EMI filters ?
    do you need line filters or radiative filters ?

you still need to be specific

have you opened the unit up ?
    if so show photos of the circuit board(s)

Dave

6. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    I've seen a lot of this kind of posting recently on forums. I've coined the term Nonsensebot for it.

If one can't make the effort to detail their goal, or don't know what they're talking about, either way the question is either a premature waste of time or a complete waste of time.

Regardless, first you would need to specify what the EMI source is and what problem the EMI is causing. Information, specifics.

Ask a Question