Connect with us

EM32100 LCD Display

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Silent Ace, May 21, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Silent Ace

Silent Ace

May 21, 2013
    Hello Forum Members,

I happen to have a EM32100 LCD Display laying around from an old telephone and would like to make it show digits with the Arduino. Well i managed to change between the clock and stopwatch and set the clock. However this is fairly easy to do. The link below is the documentation of the display, but i can't figure out where the latch pin is (if any). There is a Serial data input pin for sending bits and making some tests unfortunately i haven't manage to display anything. Can someone point out where the necessary pins are and how i can shift them out? I am learning from this example: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut

EM32100 documentation: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/400/238699_DS.pdf

Thanks

2. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    You need to take a look at page4/5 where the serial interface is described. As far as I understand you just fill the display from right, so the first digit is the leftmost digit in the number. I may be wrong here.

You use code 001111 to clear the display.

The serial format is a subversion of a standard serial format. The only real difference is the full cycle for both the startbit and the stopbit(256Hz). You send only 6 bit data in each character. The speed is slow with a bit length of 3.9ms. Due to the low speed you should be able to make a bit-bang software UART for the communication.

And, there is no latch input here, all is done via the serial interface signal SDI.

Ask a Question