Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Workbench Soft

Horia

May 21, 2014
Hello,

I have just installed the "Electronics Workbench". I am trying to desing the "Chua's circuit", but I do not know if it is possible.
I would need some help.
There is an error when I'm trying to start the circuit: "log: SING error" - it tells me to check some nodes (but I do not find them). However, the timestep is also too small.
I would apreciate if someone can help me.
Thank you!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Check out the resource section. Harald has recently added a whole heap of LTSpice related articles that are probably quite relevant to your situation.

You'll probably find that the simulated "perfection" of components by simulators tends to dampen down (or eliminate) the random behaviour you're wanting.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I don't know "Electronics workbench", but it is very probably SPICE based. A SING error would indicate a singularity, meaning that the matrices that describe the circuit's currents and voltages are singular and thus cannot be solved.

Referring to this representation of Chua's circuit, for example the parallel circuit of L1,C2 may in resonance lead to infinite values for current or voltage. Try to make all impedances non-ideal, that is add a small series resistance to the inductors and capacitors (if possible in electronics workbench, use built-in properties of the elements, not discrete components).

Also make sure you have the ground symbol placed and connected.

Find the nodes that are marked by looking through the netlist ( a text representation of the circuit that should be generated from the schematic automatically by the workbench SW). Otherwise it should be possible to examine the schematic in the schematic editor and display the node names for each node.
As a last resort, explicitly name all nodes I assume the workbench has an option to label a net with a custom name. this will make it easier to spot the problem.
Note that there will still be nodes in the netlist that are not labeled. These are internal nodes of subcircuits (e.g. for the opamp). You cannot do much against those unless you are willing and able to modify the circuit library.

Show us your circuit diagram with component values, I can then try to simulate the circuit in LTSPICE.