Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Recycling Marketing

Scott S. Lesko

Sep 11, 2018
Hey,
We are planning a campaign for next week. The topic of concern is about recycling of electronics parts. Most of the electronics parts can be recycled. But we are not actually aware of this fact. We simply dump these parts after use, which take years and years to decompose.
So which strategy will be suitable for making people aware of this campaign? Since this is for a good concern, many people need to know about this.My friend suggested me to go for this street teams. Does anyone here has tried this?

edit (Ian): Unfortunately, this member is a spammer - so they've been banned, but I left this post as it had a reply from @kellys_eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Recycling is now a well known factor in everyday life - why would additional advertising of this fact make any difference to the system as it stands?

If people don't 'directly' recycle their electronics then it is usually 'sub-recycled' at the collection point - else it is considered beyond economic reasoning to do so.

Or there are charidies/businesses that actively request your 'used mobile phone' or laptop etc.

If there aren't companies doing it already you're unlikely to create enough interest to make one start. It's all about the bottom line and (as per the usual environmental activist policy) unless the taxpayers is made to put his/her (or any other combination of trans letters) hand into aforementioned pockets then nothing will be done other than massaging the egos of those that purport to want to 'help the environment'.

There are already electronic recycling incentives and directives by many 1st world countries such as this:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/waste/waste-electrical.htm

My friend suggested me to go for this street teams. Does anyone here has tried this?
You could - if you wanted to line THEIR pockets instead.... they look to be the atypical subsidy-sucking charidy organisation built on the back of peoples guilt complex......

Last edited by a moderator: