Connect with us

Electronics homework

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by CHRIS_18, May 16, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. CHRIS_18

CHRIS_18

May 13, 2016
    Hello.. I have been given this coursework guys ( I have uploaded it in the file below), and I don't really know how to start. The only data that I've been given is : μΑ 7909 and Io= 0,5A. Can anyone give me some directions!!!

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Look up the datasheet of the ic. It will tell you how to use this regulator.
    The questionaire refers to formulas 1...18, so you should have the relevant formulas somwhere in your course material.
    Start filling in the form using this information and what can be derived from it.
    We won't solve this assignment for you, but we'll be glad to help you along finding your own way.

3. CHRIS_18

CHRIS_18

May 13, 2016
    Thanks for your answer guys. I have really moved forward with the coursework but I am stack now and I kinda need some help....So I have 2 diagrams ( uploaded below) and I need to fill the D and H brackets.... I know that A is 0.28.

Attached Files:

4. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    Figure 4 shows D=f(A), so pick your A and find D. You need to know whether you use a bridge rectifier or a half wave rectifier.
    The same goes for H=f(A). For this you need to know m - unfortunately I have no idea where this value comes from or what the value of m is.

5. CHRIS_18

CHRIS_18

May 13, 2016
    Ok , so I use bridge recifier I have calculated A= 0.28 and m= 2. Can u show me one of the two how is made so I can do the other one alone! Thank you in advance for any help of yours though!

6. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    Use the diagram D=f(A). Fin A=0.28 on the x-axis. move upward until you cross the dotted line (bridge connection). From teh intersection move left to the y-axis to find D.
    This is basic knowledge how to read such a diagram, no magic involved.

Ask a Question