Connect with us

Electronics 101? (Are there online classes available anywhere?)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Andy Palfi, Dec 9, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Andy Palfi

Andy Palfi

Dec 9, 2017
    Newbee here. Found Electronicspoint by following a Google search on an issue. Glad to be here! I have always wished I could read a schematic and do my own electronics repair. Does anyone know of anywhere online or in the Sacramento area (colleges?) where I might get educated enough to do my own testing and soldering? I am recently retired and it would be right up my alley. I love tinkering and fixing. I have about a dozen turntables waiting on me, but they generally don't require electronics know how, just mechanical. Would love to be able to fix a receiver. Have a couple of them waiting on me, too (one a Pioneer SX 3900 that stares at me every day and calls me names).

2. HarryA

HarryA

Jan 22, 2017
  3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    I'd take it out the back and beat it with a stick for its impudence!

You could start a thread on the radio listing the problem(s) and get an idea of what's involved with repairing such by following instruction we could give.

Ask a Question