Connect with us

electronic tube

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by zainap, Aug 5, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. zainap


    Aug 5, 2015
    Hi everyone. I found this 4 of the same component and am not to sure as to what it is. Could any one please assist with what it is and what the cost is for such an item. Thanks in advance.

    Attached Files:

  2. signalman72


    Jan 26, 2014
    Looks like a neon gas discharge indicator tube. I think they were used as graphic indicators. They will glow an orange hew when a sufficient voltage is applied to them. They start to glow at the base and then as voltage is increased, the glow travels up the tube in a linear fashion, much like an increase in heat causes the mercury in a thermometer to rise.
    Supercap2F and zainap like this.
  3. zainap


    Aug 5, 2015
    Thank you.Ok I checked on the net and saw something that looks like this. What would you say would something like this sell for. Im not electronicaly inclined so no need for it.
  4. Alec_t


    Jul 7, 2015
    Do a bit of googling and see if any are for sale.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day