Connect with us

Electronic special effect

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Bwallace617, Mar 20, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bwallace617

Bwallace617

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm a prop builder by trade and have some electronic knowledge and have been asked to look into building a special effect for a theatre company.

Basically I'm looking to build a transmitter, receiver system that is small enough to be concealed about the body and can detect from a distance at least four or more objects. I understand that RFID chips are what I should be looking at here which would be concealed in the objects which would then be picked up by the receiver which the actor would be wearing. The distance is not so important, the more the better though.

The other thing is rather than using a buzzer being activated to indicate when the RFID chip has been picked up, it needs to be in silent mode and picked up by the body, a pulse or pressure pad of some description. I'm presuming this thing would have to be coded if there's more than one RFID chip.

I'm not sure were to go to source this kind of thing of if there's anything on the market or of the shelf that might do the job.

If you have any ideas or links that might help in this kind of thing that would be great.
    Thanks for your help,

Paul

Ask a Question