Maker Pro
Maker Pro

electronic push rod for hydrolic press

goat

Apr 21, 2012
Hi all

i currently have a 100kilo hydolic press which is operated by a leaver..
The leaver is controlled manualy, reducing productivity. The lever is very simple and has an up down and middle control.

My aim is to have an electronic push rod of some sort ( to operate the lever) which with the push of a button will go up.. and another button to go down and another to stop button.. I would aladviceso like it to switch off automaticly once it has reached its max pressure.. any advice on how i can dothis the most most cost.efficient, safest and simplest way.

Any advice would be appreciated..

thanks guys

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Just a quick thought, but the lever just opens and closes valves correct? Then why wouldn't you want to replace the lever with electronic valves instead of trying to drive the lever mechanically?

I am thinking something like the electronic valves you see in heating systems where they open when a zone needs heat, they allow the warm water to flow into a specific zone. They normally operate on 24V systems. I just don't know the kind of pressure they work up to and you haven't told us enough specifics of your project to make an assumption if they would work or not.

I am probably just barking up a tree though, so don't listen to me!

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Presses such as this are often designed so that two hands are necessary to operate the controls. This stops one hand being chopped off. Pressing a button and then letting the machine get on with it could be dangerous.

There are hydraulic valve chests which trip when the pressure reaches a limit, they have been used in farm tractors for many years. Most tractor hydraulics are now operated electrically.