Maker Pro
Maker Pro

electronic cirucuit analysis

electronics_al

Jun 8, 2011
Hi,

I have an electronic circuit. I do not want the complete answer could somebody guide me what loops i have to consider for calculating the currents and voltages. some hint would be great help for me.

thanks in advance,

regards,
satya

Attachments

• ckt_clas.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 187

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Well my first instinct is to simplify the schematic since V2 is doing nothing rendering that part of the circuit useless.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
"nothing" and "useless" are perhaps the wrong terms (deactivated might replace one of them), but simplification is certainly possible and it will yield a circuit that is far easier to analyse

electronics_al

Jun 8, 2011
Whatever V2=0 i have shown is part of a question, the next part is v2=5 in that case i cannot neglect that part of the circuit.

regards,
satya

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Don't "Whatever" at me. If you want to be dismissive of advice then I'm sure we're quite prepared to ignore you.

If V2 is zero, what does that imply for the base current of the transistor? And therefore of the collector current?

Does this suggest that certain elements can be ignored for the purposes of analysis?

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
This is a non-linear circuit that can be analyzed by the piecewise linear method. The linear regions are defined by points of discontinuity, in this case defined as the point where the base-emitter voltage reaches 0.7 volt and base current begins to flow. Each region has its operation defined by a different set of equations depending upon which transistors are conducting and which are not. For instance, when V2=0 Q2 is turned off and Q4 is biased by R2, R3, and R4 causing the Q4 emitter current to flow through R5 with an emitter voltage Ve = I4 x R5. The value of V2=Ve+0.7 defines the point of discontinuity between two different linear regions.