Connect with us

Electron Tubes

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jmichaelkel, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jmichaelkel

jmichaelkel

Aug 11, 2012
    I recently cleaned out my dads garage. My dad is deceased. I found a box of primarily RCA electron tubes in original packaging. There are also GE, Sylvania, and Phillips electronic tubes. Maybe a couple dozren total. I am not seeking to make any money on these. I just wanted to know if there is any use for them? If not, I will recycle them with our local waste hauler. I would be glad to give them to whoever can use them, as long as postage is paid. Maybe they are good for the hobbyist or person who is into restoring old electroniccs? Thanks for any input.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

if there is just a few like that list the type numbers here and then people will know what is available

cheers
    Dave

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi jmichaelkel and welcome to the forums.
    It would be helpful to know where you are located.

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Look in the phone book for the closest Amateur Radio club, they'll want them a lot
    more than the waster recycler (and they'll use 'em for what they were built for).

Ask a Question