Connect with us

Electromagnetic Rely ...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by loneninja, Aug 22, 2012.

1. loneninja

loneninja

Aug 15, 2012
    Years ago I had a simple schematic that showed how to create a double relay using electric magnetic switches. This was real, real basic. You know with nails and batterys, simple. The basic operation was if one of the circuits was closed (or was opened), it would signal the other side to close. I can't remember how to make this to mess around with.

My goal is another project that I am working on for my daughters Karate class. Where they have to kick a target but not drop their leg before or after the kick is delivered. I've got the major parts figured out and I could use the game buzzer circuit tip, but I still want to remember how to do it with nails and wires if possible.

Anyone out there know how to do this?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I'm not really sure what you want to do.

You have made the mistake of describing (poorly) what you think the solution to your problem is, but not what your problem actually is.

I can't make hear or tail out of it. Perhaps someone else can, and you'll get a helpful response. However, if you don't, you might try a better explanation of what you're actually trying to do.

3. loneninja

loneninja

Aug 15, 2012
    Steve, thanks for the reply and sorry for the scattered thoughts. I would basically like to know how I could put together an electromagnetic relay that could cut off or supercede another relay wired to a light or buzzer. And I would like to know how to do it with wires, nails and small batteries. I hope that this clears it up a bit. Thanks again for the direction.

Ask a Question