Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electromagentic Waves help

MrsPoogy

Feb 7, 2012
Hey, I am currently having a problem with the calculation of fringing effect or fringing feild (which ever way you use it). I do not know how to calculate this, and i do not know of any calculations that i could try. Another issue is that there is no core in my coils, it is all in air. I don't know if this will effect the fringing effect or not but any help would be of great appreciation.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Somebody will probably answer your post with what you need.
Maybe they'll even have a formula for you to use, so check your post again later.
I'm a technician, not an engineer. As a technician, knowing you want to calculate
values, I'd want to know everything you have about what you're inputing.
A data sheet on your air inductor (you can get that from the manufacturer if you have
the part number).
Your AC input voltage/current.
Your frequency.
If you know this information or can get it, it'll help anyone who tries to help you.
If this is simply a theory question, maybe somebody will give you the formula you're
looking for in a followiing post.

MrsPoogy

Feb 7, 2012
Well, as for the part no. there isn't any because i built the inductors myself so its hard to say what the actual values of it are. As for the inputs to my circuit, we are pulsing a mosfet so that there is a large change in voltage and current across the coil which will induce a great EMF. I am not really asking what the exact numbers will be for the fringe effect, I am just asking about the theory and certain equation I will need to solve for the fringing effect.