Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electrical Wiring

Sam_123

Oct 17, 2010
Hi All,
I have a 27V DC going to a light indicator and somehow there is a leakage....when the controller sends a signal the light indicator comes ON which is great but when I measured the voltage when the indicator was off, it gives me a value of 12 volt which should be 0V...
The current is 20m A.....its not a safety concern but i want to know if there is any way I can use a voltage regulator or something so that whenever the voltage is more then 24V DC it will go through the regulator and turn ON the indicator and if it is less then 24V DC,the regulator will not output the voltage? any help is appreciated!
Thanks,

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Perhaps this is operating as designed and the low residual current is used to keep the lamp filament warm so that it is not stressed when the lamp is turned on.

This may well be the case if the signal indicator is designed to repeatedly flash.

Why do you want to change the operation of this circuit?

What is it?

Why do you think something is wrong?

Sam_123

Oct 17, 2010
Thanks Steve for getting back to me.

The way this circuit should work is: controller sends a signal to turn this lamp ON and after few seconds the lamp gets a OFF signal.
The way it is working now is when the controller sends a signal the lamp turns ON (V=27V DC) and after it gets a OFF signal it reduces the illumination but doesn't turn off completely. when I measured the voltage ...it gives me 12V DC....I checked the wiring and there are no problems with wiring so I was thinking if there is any way I can get rid of 12V when the lamp is off.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What is this controller? What is it designed to do? Id this its normal behaviour, or has it developed a fault?