Connect with us

electrical shock

Discussion in 'Misc Electronics' started by jdog1016, Sep 25, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jdog1016

    jdog1016 Guest

    A few hours ago, after my friend opened a disposable camera and was
    playing with the capacitor, I picked up the circuit board and almost
    immediately felt a shock. I dropped the thing as soon as I felt the
    shock, but now I'm worried about what it could have done. I looked at
    the capacitor and it was rated at 330v 120uF. I realize that because
    I picked it up with both hands, this went straight through my heart,
    but is there anything that I need to worry about?
     
  2. Michael Gray

    Michael Gray Guest

    If you are still breathing, then there is nothing to worry about
    unless you include George Bush
     
  3. CWatters

    CWatters Guest

    If there was a flash bulb in the camera the capacitor was probably part of
    the charging circuit.
    No. But you can take this intelegence test to see if your brain has been
    affected...

    http://www.namvets.com/Reading/intellegence_test.htm

    Colin
     
  4. Mjolinor

    Mjolinor Guest

  5. Yes, you should worry. You made it thru okay this time, but what
    about the next time?

    --
    @@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@,@@[email protected]@[email protected],@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@
    ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
    http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
    My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
    goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
    Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 <at> hotmail.com
    Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
    that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
    http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
    Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
    changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
    @@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@
     
  6. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest


    It is spelled WEIRD.
     
  7. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    Dumbass. Fibrillation can occur with DC just as easily as with AC.

    Don't fucking delude yourself or ANY of these fine readers with your
    stupid fucking interpretation of some shit you read one day.

    Particularly when the result could be death.
     
  8. Mjolinor

    Mjolinor Guest

    That as well :)
     
  9. dave

    dave Guest

    Not many capacitors "store" 50/60 Hz A.C. btw :)
     
  10. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

    ---

    No, "it" is spelled "it".

    But perhaps you were referring to the conventional spelling of "weird",
    in which case you should have written something like: ""wierd is
    conventionally spelled "weird"".

    It's the nuances which give the language its flavor, dont'cha know?
     
  11. dave

    dave Guest

    Don't know about "must", but that's true - I don't pretend otherwise.
    What - this morning!
    As oppposed to a.c. - which is where we came in. You could hook up an electric
    drill to one of those air-space caps (as popular in old radios) and beat their
    patent :)

    btw a pity some abusive lang is creeping about over this. Surely we can all
    disagree without that.
     
  12. Mjolinor

    Mjolinor Guest

    Well that one went over my head !
     
  13.  
  14. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest


    No! First, you pull the plug from the wall part way and jam your
    tongue into the exposed blades!
     
  15. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest


    It would depend on when the thing was removed from power. It could
    very well have a charge on it. Also, HV caps BUILD charge all by
    themselves without a bleeder of some sort.

    In any case, the point is that DC can kill just as easily as AC, and
    ANY remark that makes one sound OK or "safe" is just plain stupid.
     
  16. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    "It" referred to the quoted text above it. It is pretty simple to
    grasp for most.
    No. I should have written whatever I felt I wanted to write, and I
    did.
    "cha"? Does that mean that you are CHAD from a voting ballot?
     
  17. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    You deserve it for being a stupid twit about something which can be
    dangerous.
    Why don't you come over to our HV lab and hook yourself up to one of
    our HV supplies at say 18 or even 50kVDC. I'll call the coroner just
    before you hit the switch.

    You utter dumbfuck! DC is exactly what doctors use for
    DEfibrillation.

    FIBRILLATION, on the other hand, CAN be caused by ANY electron flow
    through the body, you clueless bastard!

    You'd better BONE UP, BOY.
     
  18. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    No shit, DIP TRACY.
    You're an idiot. HVDC supplies can kill INSTANTLY.
    Amps are denoted by an upper case "A", dumbass.

    Wrong again. Open heart surgeons use 2uA paddles, and close
    patients get well over 40uA. The general industrial consensus is that
    40uA will cause it. It matters not if it is alternating or direct.
    Dumbshit. UL and medical industry standards for equipment leakage
    are far different than electrical shock effects on the body that come
    directly from electrical energy sources.

    You need to get off your "don't cuss at me.."wussy boy high horse
    and get a clue.
     
  19. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    Retard.
     
  20. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest


    No. MOST use a huge DC pulse. Doh! Between 100 and 400 joules
    worth. It comes from a charged and ready storage capacitor. DOH!
     
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day

-