Connect with us

Electrical safety blow

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Michalis georgiou, Mar 1, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Michalis georgiou

Michalis georgiou

Feb 13, 2017
    hello , i did close my aeration from the sockt and now its not working, do you know what happened and how i will repair it?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    We need a bit more detail. Your question is too vague.

3. Michalis georgiou

Michalis georgiou

Feb 13, 2017
    I used to close my aeration from the socket and because of that my aeration dont work, do you know if any safety had burned?

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    You know what you're talking about but we don't. It's not the language, it's that we don't know what the aeration equipment is that you're talking about. Is this a commercial unit made by a manufacturer that we can look-up on
    the internet?
    With what little we know, I would think you need to look for a fuse that may have blown somewhere.

Harald Kapp likes this.
  5. Michalis georgiou

Michalis georgiou

Feb 13, 2017
    This is it, and i use to close if from the socket!

Attached Files:

6. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Alright, I think you mean that you turned the fan off at a switch. And now it won't turn back on (?)
    First check any fuses or circuit breakers (your electrical power supply to your building), that may have tripped (interrupted the power to the fan switch).
    If that doesn't fix the problem, make sure the power is off TO the fan assembly, and open the box attached to
    the fan housing. There is probably a large fuse inside that box that may have blown).
    Look at the electrical connections in that fan box to see if you see any heat damage that may have occurred that
    might explain the failure. The electrical connections, maybe it's own switch, and the electrical connections that go
    into the fan.
    If you have building power to the switch (the 'socket'), and you have power through any fuse in the fan housing electrical box, you may have an electrically 'open' thermal protection device as a part of the fan itself. The only way
    to determine that is to find somebody with a voltmeter, who can trace the electrical power through everything I just
    talked about, and see where the actual power interruption to the fan is at.
    Hope you find this problem easily, but it's an electrical device, and you may need a voltmeter to find the problem.

Ask a Question