Connect with us

Electrical Safety and pools

Discussion in 'Hobby Electronics' started by kreed, Dec 18, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. **That's an old one. It has been analysed and decided that the situation is
    probably not life-threatening. Stupid and POSSIBLY dangerous, but unlikely
    to be deadly. If an ELCB has been fitted to the home, then it would be a
    non-event.
     
  2. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    "Trevor Wilson"
    "kreed"
    ** Really - who analysed it ???

    I can immediately see two scenarios where a fatal shock can be delivered.


    #1: An acidic drink is spilt all over the phone/fax and someone standing in
    the pool tries to wipe it off with a wet cloth. Depending on just where the
    drink goes inside the unit, the spill it may become live and pass enough
    current to kill.


    # 2. The phone fax is pulled into the pool by someone tripping on the AC
    lead - then someone standing on the wet ground just outside the pool tries
    to lift it out of the water and places their hand near the AC inlet.



    ...... Phil
     
  3. MisterE

    MisterE Guest

    #1: An acidic drink is spilt all over the phone/fax a

    ermmm look closer, its a bbq.
     
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day

-