Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electrical Over Stress - Looking your assistance to resolve the EOS issue in Automotive ECU

Ganesan

Dec 24, 2019
Dear Friends,

I am working in an Electronics Manufacturer service (EMS) and we do PCB assemblies for Automotive products (ABS).

We are getting many field failures due to components burnt issue. Mostly like diodes, ASIC, MCU and FET components are getting damaged/burning in the field.

Whenever we are sending the defective parts to components supplier for analysis the result from them always is ELectrial Over Stress (EOS).

We have ESD protected manufacturing area and following the ESD standard during the manufacturing process and we ensured that the solderability of the PCBA is good.

I would like to know the possible cause of EOS. Please share your experience and suggestion on EOS.

Thanks in Advance.

Ganesan

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I would like to know the possible cause of EOS. Please share your experience and suggestion on EOS.

Well the obvious one would be that the unit is poorly designed and component values/types cannot handle what is being asked of them in use.
Your company's design team are the ones that should be sorting out where they are failing

Last edited: