Connect with us

electrical ferrules

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by HarryA, Jan 9, 2019.

1. HarryA

HarryA

Jan 22, 2017
    I just soldered five small wires on the end of transformer leads so I could plug them into a solderless breadboard. It would be great if there are crimpable ferrules that would take the larger wire and the other end fits into the breadboard, The ones in the photo crimp on the small thus they lack the large end.

Attached Files:

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    There make ferrules in any size you want but you need to make the transition to a smaller size on the other end if that's what you want.

3. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Bootlace terminals are not made for breadboard.
    One could twist in a loose end from a male Dupont Wire Jumper Cable and crimp and heatshrink that I guess.

Have to remember that breadboards are largely for signal wiring and iffy even with that.

4. HarryA

HarryA

Jan 22, 2017
    Made my own by chemically milling a larger wire and using a butt connector. It's not worth the effort.

Attached Files:

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    When I needed to do this I just grab one of these Chinese breadboard jumper leads and cut off one end.

IMG_20190112_094614.jpg

Ask a Question