Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electrical connection questions

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
What is a wall unit?
Are you asking how to apply power from a 120v receptacle outlet and have it feed an amphenol connector plug (male) that will go to its 6-pin amphenol receptacle on your project?

Chad Pennington

Sep 10, 2017
What is a wall unit?
Are you asking how to apply power from a 120v receptacle outlet and have it feed an amphenol connector plug (male) that will go to its 6-pin amphenol receptacle on your project?

Thanks for the reply. Wow. I should have been more clear.
Yes, I'm asking how to apply power from a 120V receptacle outlet to the 6-pin receiver that's compatible with the connector linked above. I've never done this before, and would like to know how to make the connection.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Do you have the pin out details of the unit that you are working on (assigned pins)?
That is a standard MS connector.
Generally when the connector is carrying the main power, a plug/socket is used with a pair of pins to take larger gauge wire.
If you have to wire it up to a wall outlet you normally would use cab-tire (SOJ etc style) 2 or 3 conductor cable with a standard 15a plug on the socket end.
Also it is customary to use heat shrink tube on all soldered connections.
M.

Last edited:

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Normally a flanged inlet socket mounted to the frame that'd accepts the female side of a ul listed cord is used.

Is this project something factory made, or constructed?