Connect with us

Electrical Conductivity in Tap Water

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vvarr10r, May 9, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vvarr10r

vvarr10r

May 9, 2018
    When calculating electrical conductivity of water, is the A/l (area width * height/length) part of the formula the area between the probes or the entire volume of water that the probes are submerged in?

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Some of each I would think, if you use two close plates, the fringe effects would be minimal.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I'm guessing this is a theoretical question for school? (where a constant is given?)
    My practical application experience is that depending on the application, we TEST for conductivity because
    the volume of suspended contaminants matters.
    Sometimes conductivity is read between two probes, but some probes have one-piece housings with specs from the manufacturer who installs/builds known distances between the elements for 'accurate' readings.
    What can you tell us about your application and probes, or the context of the question if it's theory?

Ask a Question