Connect with us

Electric Motor to multiple PMA

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by TKOUSA, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. TKOUSA

TKOUSA

Jul 19, 2012
    Am I crazy - or am I crazily smart?
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    "Showing others a new concept
    is not the same as showing proof of concept"
    ---- Thomas Edison
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Start the 1 HP motor using a battery bank . No need for an overly large battery bank as the batteries are only used for starting the system - once it cranks it will self run.

1) Global Industrial makes a 1 HP Motor
    Full load is 4.4 Amps, continuous running 1750 - 4000 RPM
    LINK: [REMOVED]
    2) A simple mini bike Torque converter addresses many torque / gear ratio / speed issues between motor and PMA setup.
    [REMOVED]

** 2.a. A bit of history inserted: When I was 10 years old I built a mini bike that could drive our 300 lb neighbor up a steep hill. That same mini bike could go 47 miles an hour. I have a bit of history with torque converters.

3) PMA Generating power (see chart below).
    Makes over 350 Volts at 2500 RPM. If you want to charge batteries, prong 1 produces 15 Amps into a 12 Volt battery at 2000 RPM. You should be sure and run a 20 or 30 amp fuse on the output to prevent damage to the unit if your load becomes excessive. Also, consider using a charge regulator so your batteries don’t become overcharged.
    LINK: [REMOVED]

4) Using this simple example - one device requires 4.4 Amps to run it and the second device produces 15 amps out when rotated by the first device... so now turn off the battery power, and the two systems properly connected could keep running - all by themselves, not drawing any power from the battery...

4) Now using a longer drive belt from the 1 HP, lets extend this design a bit by adding a total of 6 PMAs - each one could then create over 350 Volts at 2500 RPM. If you want to charge batteries, prong 1 produces 15 Amps into a 12 Volt battery at 2000 RPM. As stated earlier one is dedicated to running the 1 HP motor, however, now we have 5 free to create power for other devices.

Your thoughts (and arguments) are welcome. I anticipate the arguments.

Tom Knutson Minnesota - aka TKO

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    What a brilliant idea! I wonder why no one thought of it before! Why are we using all that gas and electricity, when such a simple solution will produce all the power we want for free!

[reality_mode]
    What you are describing is a perpetual motion machine. They are not possible. Many have tried over the centuries and all have failed. The laws of physics prohibit them.
    [/reality_mode]

But, ignore realily and all of the fine work of Faraday, Maxwell, Einstein, and Feynman. Go for it!

Bob

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. TKOUSA

TKOUSA

Jul 19, 2012
    Thanks Bob for the reality check

I guess I like bending the law ...
    I will keep you posted after it is built
    Tom Knutson , TKO

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Sure you will, just like all the others.

Do you want to know why it won't work, or would you rather waste many months and dollars, never quite convincing yourself that it will not work?

Bob

5. TKOUSA

TKOUSA

Jul 19, 2012
    Okay let me have it square in the eyes

Here is what I see, we have two different systems

I have a motor which has an Amp intake, and a generator which produces Amps

1. INTAKE
    Motor 1 HP of 4.4 amps, is dependent on the amps it gets fed
    As long as it gets 4.4 Amps it can turn at least 2000 RPM very easily for a very long time.
    The motor is 93% efficient, so it takes a bit less power to run it

2. OUTPUT
    Each PMA is based on the RPM they turn
    As long as they turn each one can produce more Amps that is needed to drive the motor
    PMA (#1) is not pushing any real weight the output will remain 93% (but we have to allow for wiring, fiction etc) PMA #1 should be able to drive the motor.

3. Clutch
    The clutch was added to take care of power or speed issues that may arise.
    Any weight or speed needs can be resolved via gear ratio.
    I expect some weight because you have one motor turning 6 PMAs

Okay - burst my bubble - what am I not seeing ?

TKO

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Tom

The Laws of Physics CANNOT BE BROKEN

thread closed

Dave

Ask a Question