Connect with us

Eico 324 inductors

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by alfa88, Jan 14, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
    I'm restoring an EICO 324 Sig Gen and while I find the documentation is readily available a closer look reveals that the actual inductor values are missing and simply referred to as coil "A" through coil "E". Not that I need to change them but it would be nice to know.

Attached Files:

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Holy cripes. Variable Inductors that need to be tweaked for calibration.
    If the manufacturer doesn't list the values, (and I found the need to know), I would probably
    pull each one and put it on a Sencore Z-Meter to find the values.
    Somebody here might have another idea, but that's mine.

3. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
    I had another thought but pretty much ran into a dead end. The circuit uses a tank circuit via a variable air capacitor. If I have the low and high values of said part I just do a lot of calculations. I don't have a cap tester with me but maybe someone out there has some insight.

Attached Files:

4. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
  5. PETERDECO

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
    Yes if you knew the low and high value of the variable capacitor, you can determine the inductance. I have a chart that lists frequency and L and C impedances. A long time ago I saw a parallel tank circuit that used a 5-30pF variable but no value for the inductor. At 30pF it resonated at 70MHZ, at 5pF it resonated at 130MHZ. Using a ruler I "connected the dots" to determine it was a something like a .1uH inductor.

Ask a Question