Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Edifier x600 subwoofer very weak sound

aceh20012002

Feb 13, 2018
Hello. I am new here. I would like to ask help.my edifier x600/subwoofer speaker sound is very weak. The left and right speaker out are both running ok. What shall i do? What part should i look for troubleshooting?
Thanks for any help anyone can extend.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Generally if 2 bass drivers are wired in anti-phase the lower frequencies will sound very weak. The anti-phase aspect means that as one driver cone is going out the other is going in. This means that the pressure wave produced by the motion of the cones cancel each other out.
Has the subwoofer been rewired or the feed to the speaker rewired at any time. If not then maybe there is an issue with the drive amp. It could have failed or may have reduced output or the lower frequencies could be constricted. The constriction could be caused by an input capacitor partial failure causing its value to decrease and limit the drive at the bottom end. I presume there is a filter in the system for driving the subwoofer amplifier, if so this could be at fault.
Try disconnecting the subwoofer from your system and see if this gives any improvement. If it does and the sub is known to be working (have a look at the cone to see if it is vibrating) Then the sub is probably out of phase with the others.

aceh20012002

Feb 13, 2018
Thank you so much for your valuable comments. It has never been repaired nor rewired. Yes, subwoofer cone is vibrating. I tried connecting a different speaker, the sound is still awfully weak. It means the trouble is not the subwoofer. It is possible amp is at fault or the capacitor you mentioned. Have a great day!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir aceh20012002 . . . .

A solo speaker involved in unit so no phasing problems being in the LOW frequency spectrum.

And here I was, fully expecting that Edifier x600 subwoofer system to be some BIG 'ole thing . . .and it turned out to have a small 6 1/2 woofer with its audio power being derived from a mere TO-220-5 cased unit . . . being on steroids . . . as a . . .TDA2050.

TECH DATA . . . . . here:

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/25046/STMICROELECTRONICS/TDA2050.html

Soooooo . . . . in order to make an omelet you have to crack some eggs . . so you need to get cracking, with your opening its housing for photo access and initially locating that 2050 I.C. . . . .which should be mounted onto a heatsink..
No known schematics is known, so we will have to go trailblazing on our own

73's de Edd