Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Earphone Reinforcement Help

Nick1212

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, I recently soldered and repaired a pair of bose earphones. The problem is that at the joint of the cable and the battery, it is very "wiggly" and prone to future damage and I'm wondering if anyone had an idea on how to reinforce the join to make it more robust and stiff.Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 4.34.40 PM.png

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Nick1212 . . . . .

Seeing the originals treatment and the fact that SMALL / THIN housing PROBABLY / ASSUREDLY being ultrasonically FUSED together, precludes the using another another new plug, with factory attached strain relief, plus its new cable and HOPEFULLY the use of a LONGER interconnecting cable.
Which you would just use to replace what you initially had passing into the case.

With what you have now been dealt, and if that is a hard case male plug.
Consider initially pulling the electrical tape, cleaning off all of the smuck and prep the plug shell and case sides to receive two epoxy affixed plastic "splints" . . . . . one on each side.
Otherwise, with your dangling free "doggle" . . . . . I can see a half life expectancy of 3 days, until again experiencing a broken loose wire connection.

VIEWING:

bose headphones.png

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick1212

Sep 10, 2016
Sir Nick1212 . . . . .

Seeing the originals treatment and the fact that SMALL / THIN housing PROBABLY / ASSUREDLY being ultrasonically FUSED together, precludes the using another another new plug, with factory attached strain relief, plus its new cable and HOPEFULLY the use of a LONGER interconnecting cable.
Which you would just use to replace what you initially had passing into the case.

With what you have now been dealt, and if that is a hard case male plug.
Consider initially pulling the electrical tape, cleaning off all of the smuck and prep the plug shell and case sides to receive two epoxy affixed plastic "splints" . . . . . one on each side.
Otherwise, with your dangling free "doggle" . . . . . I can see a half life expectancy of 3 days, until again experiencing a broken loose wire connection.

VIEWING:

View attachment 29057

73's de Edd
Thanks a lot! Your advice and diagram are very useful

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Plus. . . . .if that plug is then going to be plugged into a big piece of equipment, it's just begging to be bumped into and be sheared off.
To preclude that situation, insert an extension male to female extension line.
Effectively, you are then having a longer version of what you initially had.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: