Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Eagle: changing drill hole sizes

tuk

Jun 17, 2011
Hi, I am going through the process of producing my first PCB, including learning to use Eagle; my board is now routed ...but realise I need to change the hole sizes to match my drill bits:

1.0 mm
1.5 mm
2.0 mm
2.3 mm
3.0 mm
3.2 mm

Otherwise it will get expensive if I need to buy a collet and drill bit for every size required, ...so thinking about rounding up the hole sizes to the nearest drill size...I hear 0.8mm bits are easy to break so rounding up to 1mm might be a good idea anyway ..I figure the hole being less than 1mm larger than what is says in the datasheet is better than it being smaller

I read this on another thread:
Just set up your own drill rack file (look at drillcfg.ulp) containing
the drills you can use and accept, and then set tolerances in the CAMP.

however I got as far the box that says: 'only press ok if you really know what your doing' and as I don't even know for sure this will do what I want, I hit cancel

I don't want to change the sizes in the library, I want to keep the original hole sizes, some holes cant be changed, through-hole clips for example ...also I would like to change them so they can be checked in the DRC along with everything else ...and what on earth are CAMP tolerances and how do you set them?