Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dyslexic Data sheets reading

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

@Harald Kapp , I could see the posted page.
I printed it to PDF and posted it here for you.

Bertus

Attachments

• SPI Timing.pdf
    572.4 KB · Views: 5

camerart

Aug 18, 2010
The link to roseeeld.be doesn't work. Instead I get a virus warning from my provider...
Hi H,
I think the interesting bits are here:

I have found programming the setting immensly difficult, so I made a collour chart:

Reading through all of the notes, on how to do this,
1/ The MASTER should be set to the SLAVE settings.
2/ Different manufacturers, use different 'names. e,g, CPOL and CKP.
3/ CPOL is the same as CKP, but CPHA is the inverse of CKE.

Seems simple, but it's taken hours to make my colour sheet, as things change as they're being read.
Anyway, perhaps you would scan through it please?
C

Attachments

• SPI MODES.jpg
    SPI MODES.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 18F46K20--BMP280 SPI MODE MATCH.jpg
    18F46K20--BMP280 SPI MODE MATCH.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 3

camerart

Aug 18, 2010
Of course, Master and Slave settings need to match.

Right, found that info also here. I wonder why Microchip does this.
Hi H,
Most manufacturers are experts so all this is easy, but in my example and yours, neither compare CPOL with CKP and CPHA with CKE, although mine does show them on 2x pages. And on mine there is an [*] so another break in concentration, making it even more difficult.

Give it a go! The BMP280 says this:
[TheSPI interface supports both SPI mode ‘00’ (CPOL = CPHA = ‘0’) and mode ‘11’ (CPOL = CPHA = ‘1’)in 4-wire and 3-wire configuration.]
So what are the CKP-CKE settings? How long does that take you?
I'm using 4 wires.
C.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
With CPOL = 1 and CKE = 0 this should be equivalent to CPOL=1 and CPHA=1 (CKE = inverse of CPHA for whatever reason). So SPI mode is '11'. As you noted before this seems to work nd should be good.
In my previous post #17 I didn't account for the inversion of CKE vs. CPHA (wasn't aware of that fact by then) and thus created a bit of confusion. Sorry for that.

camerart

Aug 18, 2010
With CPOL = 1 and CKE = 0 this should be equivalent to CPOL=1 and CPHA=1 (CKE = inverse of CPHA for whatever reason). So SPI mode is '11'. As you noted before this seems to work nd should be good.
In my previous post #17 I didn't account for the inversion of CKE vs. CPHA (wasn't aware of that fact by then) and thus created a bit of confusion. Sorry for that.
Hi H,
No need for an apology, I did the same, and it took many hours of headache to clarify it. While asking you in my last post, I now find it as easy as you after 'bashing it into my bonce' Let's hope it stays :)
Onwards and upwards, thanks,
C.